Saturday, January 10, 2009

Whiskey I Drink

There ain't no mercy on this side of town
I keep wondering, why am I still hangin' 'round?
It's a weakness I wear like a crown
(And) Like a boat with a hole in it I'm sinking down

I can tell that you don't give a damn
Don't believe that I'm doing the best that I can
I got everything under control
- Lost my mind and my heart's on parole

I wish I were as strong as the whiskey I drink
Pour another one down me, I don't wanna think
About Life, 'cause it hurts me to think
I wish I were as strong as the whiskey I drink

A sadness runs through it, refuses to fade
Tell me once again, tell me how I've got it made
Take away everything that I own
I will still have this personal Hell I call home

Every man, every separate soul
Has a cross to bear and a story that hasn't been told
And we're all gonna die in the end
I just need someone to hold until then

No comments: