Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday

Hello Dana! Next week on Wed, 11/26, Diesel Island will be playing at Iron Barley from 9 - midnight. No cover, all are welcome, spread the word. Also: On Thanksgiving Day we start cooking around 2 pm - BUFFET THANKSGIVING DINNER starts around 5 (that's when the food should be ready and everybody's had a chance to stake out a spot to sit'n'gorge). No charge (but you can bring a side dish to share, if you want to). We call it "Oafs & Waifs' Day" and we do it every year. Some people got no place to go on that particular holiday or maybe they do, but like me, they'd rather be hanging out and drinking beer with friends. TOM HALL will be the celebrity bartender in charge, so don't order nothin' too fancy. The food's free, but yeah, you gotta pay for the beer. I'll be in charge of the open-mic wham-jam thing, so if you have a guitar, banjo, whatever, please bring it, join in and tell everybody you know about it 'cause I haven't been very aggressively promoting this and I'm afraid I'll have to sit around listening only to me.
Happy Hol. - Fred Friction

No comments: